Welcome to the 2007 Remote Sensing Data Fusion Contest web site!
This web site is operated by the Data Fusion Technical Committee (DFTC) of the Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) of the International Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE).
The Data Fusion Contest has been organized by DFC and annually proposed since 2006. It is a contest open not only to DFC members, but to everyone. However, final results will be announced at the GRSS annual conference, IGARSS07, to be held next July in Barcelona, Spain.
The aim of the Data Fusion Contest is to check existing methodologies at the research or operational level to solve remote sensing problems using data from different sensors. In 2007 the contest is related to urban mapping using radar and optical data. A set of satellite radar and optical images (ERS amplitude data and Landsat multi-spectral data) are available and the task is to obtain a classified map as accurate as possible with respect to ground truth data, depicting land cover and land use classes for the urban area under test.
- Each participant is required to register before entering the contest. Please use the link on the right of this page.
- After registration, please login using the username and password of your choice.
- After login and careful reading of the instructions, download the zipped data file.
- Perform the data fusion task and login to upload the results.
- Wait for the automatic evaluation of your results and repeat the data fusion process if the evaluation score is not satisfying.